Friday, April 10, 2009

Volcano climbing

Yeah we climbed that! Pete and I, with the help of our trusty guide, Luis, made it to the top of that beast and all the way down in just two days. It was an amazing view from the top, and really cool to climb our first volcano. It was my first time using crampons and an ice axe, too, which made it feel even more legit. Some people act like it's no big deal to climb a 12,600 ft. tall mountain if you don't have to do actual rock climbing, but it's a hell of a physical undertaking.

Besides, I'm graduating in a month, which will give me a lot more time (and money) to take on bigger and better adventures and eventually become a "real" mountain climber.

I wrote an article about my trip to Patagonia with some more great pictures of the area. It's on a site where anyone can write articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment